With all the food prep required for a big holiday meal the last thing we want to think about is making breakfast the morning of. The beauty of this recipe is it can be assembled the night before and baked in the morning. It's tasty, filling and an easy start to a busy holiday.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding
2 tbsp melted butter
3 tsp honey
4 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp clove
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup lowfat milk
4 cups bread, cut or torn into 1" pieces (about 4-5 slices)
1 cup Bird's Nest Sonoran Blend Granola
3/4 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1) Melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Stir in honey and set aside.
2) Beat eggs, ricotta, pumpkin and brown sugar in large bowl.
3) Stir in spices, milk and honey mixture.
4) Add bread and stir to combine.
5) Gently fold in cranberries and granola.
6) Pour into a buttered 2 quart baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours (max 12 hours)
7) Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until golden on top and baked through.
8) Let stand for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.