Simple to assemble, these dates make a luscious addition to any cheese board.
Goat Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Dates
24 large whole medjool dates
3 oz log goat cheese
1 oz cream cheese
1 tsp olive oil
2 slices bacon
1/4 cup Bird's Nest Sonoran Blend Granola
1) Pit dates: slice date open lengthwise and remove pit with tip of knife. Place dates on parchment lined baking sheet.
2) Cook bacon until crispy. Roughly chop 1 slice. Cut remaining slice
into 8 pieces and reserve for later.
3) Combine both cheeses and oil in small bowl and mix until smooth.
4) Add chopped bacon and granola to cheese mixture and stir.
5) Gently open dates and fill with cheese mixture using a small spoon.
6) Add remaining bacon pieces to top of filling on 8 dates for garnish.
7) Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 5 minutes until dates soften and are warm to touch.