Instead of the traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving try this butternut squash pie with a unique twist on the crust. Our Sonoran Blend Granola lends delicious flavors and a nutty crunch to the sweet filling. But if you just can't part with tradition, use this crust for your pumpkin pie, it's that good.
Butternut Squash Pie with Granola Crust
2 1/4 cup Bird's Nest Sonoran Blend Granola
4 T melted butter, cool slightly
11 cups diced butternut squash cooked and pureed (about 1-2 large squash)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 T melted butter
1 T good quality pure vanilla extract
1 T all purpose flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) In a food processor add granola and pulse until finely ground. Add 4 T melted butter. Pulse until mixture comes together.
3) Press mixture evenly into bottom of a buttered 9" spring form pan.
4) In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated.
5) Pour filling over granola crust and bake on rimmed baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35-40 minutes until center of pie is set. Let cool before slicing.