We're kind of crazy about fresh rosemary, it was the inspiration for our popular Rosemary Raisin Granola and this tart recipe as well.
There's definitely something magical about adding apples to this mix and we're sure you'll think so too.
Caramel Apple Tart with Rosemary Raisin Granola Crust
Makes 1- 9" tart or 4- 4" tarts
+ 2 tsp coconut oil,
3-4 Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/4" slices
2 T coconut sugar or substitute brown sugar
1 T lemon juice
1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) Lightly grease a 9" or 4- 4" springform pan(s), bottom and sides with 1 tsp melted coconut oil.
3) To prepare crust, in a food processor add granola and pulse until finely ground. Add in 4 T coconut oil. Pulse just until mixture comes together.
Press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of springform pan
5) Bake crust for 10-12 minutes and set aside to cool. Remove cooled crust from pan and transfer to serving plate.
6) In a medium bowl, combine sliced apples, sugar, lemon juice and rosemary. Gently stir and set aside.
7) Add remaining 1 tsp oil to a large skillet. Add apples with liquid, saute over medium heat until apples are tender and liquid begins to thicken. Stir often. Transfer apple mixture to a bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
8) Spoon or arrange apple slices over crust. Drizzle any remaining sauce/liquid over apples. Use sharp knife to cut into wedges.
Serve with whipped coconut cream, plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream.